Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dear Narcolepsy

Dear Narcolepsy,
You suck!  I have to figure out a way to not give in to your seductive ways.  I start the day so good - today I even got up BEFORE my alarm clock (because the Princess' fan fell over and made her scream).  I ate breakfast, got dressed, was downstairs before the kids came down, kept them focused through their morning routine, even created a hair wrap in The Princess' hair (I know, I had no idea how to do that either, especially on her short, extra-fine hair, but I looked it up on-line and did the best I could) since I she had begged me for it for the last two days.  Apparently I CAN do anything.  I convinced Twin B that he would survive in school today despite being "up all night with the sniffles," though he did warn me that if he fell asleep in school, it would be my fault.  I told him I could live with that.  I managed to get all three out the door, all with clean faces, brushed teeth, school bags AND lunches.  Heck, I even remembered to check to make sure Twin A was wearing underwear (something he often forgets to put on).  I was alert, awake, on the ball.

Except, I wasn't.  Before I started being actively involved in creating a thing of beauty in the Princess' hair, I was wondering if I could go back to bed and squeeze in a nap before they had to leave.  You were already putting the seeds into my head.

And when they left, you forced that overwhelming fatigue through my body.  I went upstairs to take my meds and you convinced me that I could take a "short nap" which would leave me refreshed and ready to take on the world.  You LIE!  And you get me with the same lie every single time!  Why do I always think this time will be different?

I fell asleep hard and woke up from my alarm still ensconsed in my dream.  Despite the fact my alarm clock was out in the hallway, I still got out of bed, picked it up, reset it for another thirty minutes, and dove back into bed to finish the dream.  And I repeated that same scenario over and over and over again.  And I finally left my room at 12:30 this afternoon. 

N, this has to stop.  I threw away four hours of my day.  I have so much to do, so much I COULD do, and I'm letting you take it all away.  And I'm still not feeling @#$% refreshed, like you promised me I would!

So I'll say it again: you suck!  Tomorrow is another day, I still have some time before the kids get home, blah, blah, blah.  This cannot happen again, you hear me!

Sincerely,
Me
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! What do you want to tell me?