Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Meal Planning

My attempt to organize the total chaos of the meal also known as dinner:  creating five weeks worth of meals.  I designated each day as a different food type: Meatless Mondays, Chicken Tuesdays, Meat Wednesdays, Fish Thursdays.  On Fridays we go to my parents' for Shabbat dinner along with my sister and her kids, and on Sundays we go to my ILs for dinner.  Saturdays are "mish mash" (a.k.a. leftovers from the week). 

My go-to site for new recipes - if the recipe has received four or more stars, I'm all over it!

Week One
Monday Quesadillas (folded tortilla shells with cheese and veggies baked)
Tuesday Teriyaki Chicken (Put any cut of chicken that was on sale in the slow cooker and pour teriyaki sauce over it, then put on low all day)
Wednesday Pot Roast
Thursday Fish Sticks

Week Two
Monday French Toast Sticks
Tuesday Honey Garlic Chicken
Wednesday Make Your Own Tacos (Boil a large quantity of ground beef along with chopped onions and peppers to use for this week and Week Four; serve ground beef mixture along with taco shells, cut up veggies, and shredded cheese)
Thursday Tuna Melts

Week Three
Monday Ravioli
Tuesday Chicken and Dumplings
Wednesday Meatloaf
Thursday Soy Ginger Salmon

Week Four
Monday Grilled Cheese/Pizza Bagels
Tuesday Apple Chicken Stew
Wednesday Cranberry Roast
Thursday Crab Casserole (using imitation crab meat)

Week Five
Monday Pizza
Tuesday Zesty Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
Wednesday Beef Stew
Thursday Grilled Salmon (on our George Forman grille)

And this is the plan.  Most of the recipes are tried and true, but many are newer, so they still have to pass the Twin A taste test for them to remain in the rotation.  He does not like sauce of almost any kind, but is generallly appeased when I put his food in a large slotted pasta spoon and rinse any trace of sauce off.  However, it looks okay, so I think it will work.  Crossing my fingers that this helps!
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! What do you want to tell me?