Friday, November 04, 2011

Ha, Ha, Ha


Oy.

Man plans, God laughs.  This really has been my motto for a while now, and I just have to remember it.

*  I committed to participate in NaBloPoMo - writing a new post every single day for the entire month.  I was actually pretty excited about this idea, both to give me a good incentive to push myself with my writing and because potentially it was a good way to increase my blog's audience from the hundreds two of you who are reading it right now to maybe thousands five or more.

And then God laughed, and my computer got some horrible virus that even the Tech Guys at Staples called a "Bad Virus."  To remove the virus and install better virus protection will come to almost the same amount I paid for the laptop a number of years ago, so it really didn't seem financially responsible.  I am, however, paying around $70 for them to hopefully save my files and pictures that I saved on the computer.  Bottom line, I was without a computer for just about two full days.  Oh well, I'll try NaBloPoMo again next month.

*  I have been recovering from this stupid pneumonia for a while now - almost four weeks.  I have been doing everything I am supposed to do: took every single one of my antibiotics (even the long blue one that always began disolving on my tongue causing me to gag no matter how I tried to swallow it), rested for the length of time the doctors said I should and then some, stayed out of work for the length of time the doctors said I should.  I was given permission to ease back into the gym starting this past Monday, as long as I reduced the intensity level and time of my workouts.

And then God laughed.  I tried a Yoga class on Wednesday figuring this would be a good thing - deep breathing, slow movements.  Yeah, right.  Right from the start I discovered I needed to modify almost every movement to make it easier for me.  Okay, I could do that.  But after about fifteen minutes, my chest started hurting.  Not because of my heart (though I did picture having to call 911 to be driven to the ER so they could hook me up to all those machines and make sure I wasn't having a heart attack) but because of my lungs.  I stopped, put my shoes back, and left.

*  I went grocery shopping yesterday, after taking a lot of time the night before to match up all my coupons to what was on sale, my mini-attempt at extreme couponing.

And then God laughed and made sure I realized by the huge wave of fatigue that hit me while in the checkout line that I was not ready to do grocery shopping yet.

I think I need to stop making my plans public because I have so much I need to do.  I'm going to attempt to do it all (paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, and replan for a birthday party I'm performing at tomorrow since I had saved the hours of planning I already had completed on my old computer) while sitting on my couch today in order to rest my lungs some more.

If the couch breaks, then I know God just has a sick sense of humor.   
Pin It!

1 comments:

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Oh my dear. When it rains it pours. Sounds like NaBloPoMo is the least of your worries. Better to take it easy and heal up.

Post a Comment

I love comments! What do you want to tell me?