Friday, October 21, 2011

New Goal


In about six months I will be turning 40.  Okay, five months and three weeks, but you get the idea.  That sounds like a good goal date for myself, so I'm declaring on this blog for all the world the one or two of you actually reading this that by the time I turn forty I will have lost the "baby weight" I have been lugging around with me for a little too long now.  Okay, The Princess will be eight by then, so I think it's a reasonable goal.

It's not going to be easy, of course.  I am now officially obese, though just barely.  Two weeks ago when I weighed in at the doctor's office, I discovered that I weight 172 pounds.  At five feet, two inches, I should actually weight around 130.  I have my work cut out for me!

I joined a gym (with an indoor pool!) that I have been trying to get to every day.  I like the different classes, I LOVE the pool, even if I just walk laps while holding pool weights or float on my back swimming elementary back stroke back and forth, and I feel good after going.  I have to make it a priority.  Obviously I have to wait until the pneumonia completely leaves my lungs, but as soon as that happens, I know what I have to do.

After all, I really want to be able to tell everyone the following and truly mean it:

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! What do you want to tell me?