Thirteen Things I Hate About Being Sick:
- I don't feel good!
- I'm hungry, but don't know what to eat that will not send me running back to the bathroom. I mean, I know the B.R.A.T. diet and I'm sticking to it, but I'm hungry!
- My head hurts.
- I still have to be the mom.
- Our tv is downstairs. Our one bathroom is upstairs. You do the math.
- Did I mention my head hurts?
- I had to miss teaching today.
- I can't decide yet what to do about tomorrow - Should I get a sub and stay home again? Should I suck it up (so to speak) and just get back in the classroom?
- Back to still having to be the mom, the children will be running through the front door in ninety minutes, at which time I will have to work with them to go through their after school routines, including doing all their homework. And my head really hurts!
- DH won't be home until 5:30 tonight. Does that mean I have to make dinner for those children of mine, even though I just started keeping down toast?!
- The Princess was coughing last night, a lot. DH finally had to take her into the bathroom to run the hot water and fill the room with steam to help her breathe easier. Did I mention we only have ONE bathroom.
- DH tends to panic when any of us gets sick, so in addition to just feeling crappy, I also had to continually reassure him that I did NOT need to go the doctor OR the ER, that I know what to do for a stomach bug.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants